Guest: Antonello Monti (LinkedIn)
Organization: LF Energy (LinkedIn, Twitter)
Linux Foundation Energy aka LF Energy is an open-source initiative that supports multi-vendor cooperation in the energy and electricity sectors. The goal is to speed up the process of energy digitalization. In this episode of 2023 Predictions, Antonello Monti who serves at the Technical Advisory Council (TAC) Chair for LF Energy, shares his thoughts on what will happen in the industry this new year.
In 2023, Monti predicts:
- More real-life application of LF Energy solutions, i.e., the projects have matured enough to deliver concrete results
- The possibility of opening a data economy in the energy sector
- Stable growth for LF Energy.
This year, LF Energy will focus on building a coherent full picture, ensuring that the different projects harmonize with each other.
Companies will need to:
- Understand and find a different way to approach the energy crisis, which has impacted Europe the most.
- Adopt digital solutions if they want to utilize renewables, which is experiencing massive growth.
This summary was written by Camille Gregory.