Guest: Ram Iyengar (LinkedIn, Twitter)
Organization: Cloud Foundry Foundation (CFF) (Twitter)
The Cloud Foundry Foundation aims to drive global awareness and adoption of the Cloud Foundry open-source project, foster a community of contributors, and create a dynamic ecosystem among its member companies. In this episode of 2023 Predictions, Chief Evangelist Ram Iyengar shares his forecast for the industry this new year.
With Kubernetes being open, a large part of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) ecosystem being open, and the Cloud Foundry sharing that open-source ethos with all of these projects, it exposes a fairly large attack surface. In 2023, Iyengar sees:
- Increased investment in zero-trust strategies
- Increased investment in software supply chain security
- Increased number of entrants to the CNCF PaaS landscape.
This year, the Foundation will continue to focus on:
- The core CF principles: skip the complexity, keep it fast, help developers scale, keep application deployment secure
- Its most recent projects: Korifi and Paketo.
The open-source community will be challenged with:
- Managing ambiguity
- Herding new contributors
- Bringing critical visibility and gaining the right amount of traction to projects.
This summary was written by Camille Gregory.