Guests: Catherine McGarvey (LinkedIn, Twitter) | Chris Clark (LinkedIn)
Organization: Cloud Foundry Foundation (CFF) (Twitter)
Catherine McGarvey, VP of Software Engineering at VMware, recently joined the governing board of the Cloud Foundry Foundation (CFF). In her new role as Board Chairman, her focus remains on serving the strong Cloud Foundry ecosystem where many players are looking to embrace Kubernetes.
The Foundation will have a strong presence at the upcoming KubeCon + CloudNativeCon event, where they will have a co-hosted show and they will be demoing technologies such as Korifi aimed at addressing Kubernetes complexities.
To better understand McGarvey’s role and what challenges and opportunities she sees ahead, I sat down with her and Chris Clark, Project Manager at the Cloud Foundry Foundation.
Key highlights from this video interview are:
- McGarvey says that her role as the chairman of the governing board signals the ongoing commitment they have to the VM-based community and the emerging Kubernetes community.
- She will be the keynote speaker at their Cloud Foundry Day event at KubeCon on October 25.
- The Cloud Foundry Community will be highlighting Korifi, the newer Cloud Foundry CLI API implementation for Kubernetes and the cloud-native buildpacks production from the OCI community.
- Clark says that those Kubernetes users who are feeling the pain of its complexity should check out Korifi and see how it is simplifying the developer and operator experience.
- They also talked about Paketo buildpacks for application security.
Note: Emily Nicholls contributed to this summary.