Note: This video is part of our monthly series “T3M” aka “TFiR Topic Of The Month”; the topic for January was Cost Cutting vs Cost Efficiency.
Guest: Tim Kevin (LinkedIn)
Company: Qarik Group (Twitter)
Qarik has been helping companies transition from data-center-native to cloud native by modernizing how they build and run software. In this episode of TFiR: T3M, Swapnil Bhartiya sits down with Director of Sales Tim Kevin to talk about the trends he is seeing, particularly in terms of cost cutting and cost efficiency.
Current market trends:
- Companies are running leaner.
- They are focusing on how the cloud can positively impact their business to drive differentiated value, rather than how the cloud can help save money by transforming the technology stack.
To deal with the cost-cutting challenge, Qarik is helping companies:
- Replatform their infrastructure and take advantage of on-demand compute, storage, and networking.
- Change their operational structure, processes, and workflows in a way that complements cloud technology by embedding with customer engineering teams to help build platforms that allow engineers to focus on creating better services that drive productivity.
- Provide better environments for developers to make them more productive, so that they can innovate and build products, or roll out features and functionalities faster and more efficiently.
To be cost-efficient, companies need to have a well-rounded perspective of cloud costs. Their strategy must take into account:
- Infrastructure costs of moving to the cloud, running more efficiently, and then optimizing for it.
- The costs of increasing developer productivity and developer time.
- What these cloud investments are doing to the business in terms of creating differentiated value.
This summary was written by Camille Gregory.