Guest: Roi Ravhon (LinkedIn)
Company: Finout (Twitter)
In this episode of TFiR: Let’s Talk recorded at the 2023 KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe in Amsterdam, Swapnil Bhartiya sits down with Roi Ravhon, Co-Founder and CEO at Finout, to talk about its presence at the conference, the rollout of its latest solution, and how it is helping companies manage and tame their Kubernetes costs.
People walking into the Finout booth were:
- interested in learning about cost management. In this economy, it is something companies can no longer overlook and just hope for the best.
- asking about financial viability, how to translate their Kubernetes cost into something that is more actionable, how to get cost-saving recommendations, how to allocate the costs, and how to understand their profitability.
Kubernetes is essentially another level of abstraction on top of the cloud, so it adds a level of complexity and overhead. Finout helps companies analyze their entire cloud spend across all cloud providers:
- It can break down this cost into Kubernetes resources, and then allocate it to the price per team or price per business unit.
- It can help create budgets and anomalies and track down the cost savings on both the business and the technology side of things.
- Its newly announced agentless cost governance suite enables FinOps to automatically detect and manage cloud waste, forecast spend, and stay on budget while using Kubernetes across all major clouds.
- Its cost optimization suite called CostGuard can now optimize Kubernetes environments.
- It can identify the gap between the data requested resources and the actual usage of each of each resource and actually put a dollar amount on it.
This summary was written by Camille Gregory.