env0, a provider of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) workflow automation and management software, has secured an additional $18.1 million of funding to conclude its Series A investment round with a total of $35.1 million. The company grew by 450% in FY 2022, signing a number of new customers including MGM Resorts International, PayPal, VMware, and BCG. env0 plans to use the new funds to accelerate research and development of new products to scale customer cloud operations safely.
This latest round, which brings env0’s total funding to $41.9 million, is led by Venture Guides, a new firm formed by industry veterans from Bain Capital Ventures. The round includes new investors StepStone Group and Knollwood Investment Advisory, with all existing investors boldstart ventures, Grove Ventures, Microsoft’s M12 and Crescendo Venture Partners participating as well. The funding is Venture Guides’ first major investment from their initial $200 million fund.
The funding builds momentum on a banner year in which env0 grew revenue by more than five times, customer count by two and a half times, and shipped key feature additions, including:
- Support for more IaC tools: CloudFormation, Pulumi, Terragrunt (including the popular run-all capability)
- Automated drift detection
- Support for Azure DevOps , finalizing env0’s support in all major version control system platforms
- Terraform end-to-end functionality: Terraform remote backend, module registry, remote plan, Plan/apply on PR
- Enterprise-focused capabilities including multi-tier workflows, auditing, external logging platform integration, pluggable integration architecture, and expanded RBAC and OIDC authentication.