NordVPN has rolled out a new app, dedicated for Linux users. The app combines ease of use and simple setup with advanced security and privacy, and is meant to bring VPN (Virtual Private Network) services to a larger audience. It also offers new additional features like CyberSec and Kill Switch.
According toMarty P. Kamden, CMO of NordVPN, “Most VPN providers offer Linux connectivity without the app support, and that is not always the easiest way, especially for beginners. That’s why we did our best to create a simple app with minimum setup, dedicated especially for Linux users.”
With the new app, users can enjoy access to geo-blocked content, evade censorship and government surveillance, and find the best international deals. The company plans to add more features to the app in future.
Let’s take a quick look at the main features of the NordVPN app for Linux:
• Access the NordVPN service on up to 6 devices with 1 account
• 4901 servers in 62 countries
• Instant connection (just type ‘nordvpn connect’)
• No graphic distractions, only the power of Linux commands
• Internet protocols depending on user’s needs: connection speed (UDP) or level of security (TCP)
• CyberSec and Kill Switch features
• 24/7 customer support
The NordVPN app for Linux is available for download here.