In this episode of TFiR Newsroom we discussed the importance of SAP for customers and how SIOS offers High Availability to these costumers who are running mission critical workloads. “Today’s businesses need innovative technologies with comprehensive capabilities that bridge the gap between business processes and employees,” said Harry Aujla, Pre-Sales Director (EMEA) – SIOS Technology.
Topics that we covered in this discussion include:
– How does High Availability address maintaining Service-Level Agreements for SAP?
– How is High Availability addressed for the various components within an SAP landscape? (ASCS, ERS, PAS, HANA and other DB’s)
– What are the key parts of a High Availability solution that need to be considered to address SAP HA? (Data redundancy, recovery orchestration, application recovery)
– What are the new features of SIOS Protection Suite for Linux 9.4.0 as related to High Availability for SAP?
– How are customers typically deploying SIOS software for SAP High Availability? (On-prem, cloud, hybrid. Across availability zones, 3rd node for disaster recovery, etc.)
– What are the advantages of version 2 of SAP’s enqueue server framework as compared to version 1?
– How do I know which version of the enqueue and replication server is currently installed in my SAP cluster?
– How can I upgrade to version 2 of the Standalone Enqueue Server framework?
– How should I set up the shared file systems for ASCS and ERS? Which setup do most SIOS customers use?
– How can I test my ASCS/ERS cluster for enqueue lock table consistency in the case of failover/switchover?
– Any final advice to people upgrading their SAP environment?