Red Hat and Intel announced plans to expand their strategic partnership. This new wave of collaboration with Intel is aimed at enabling offerings like Edge computing, 5G radio access networks (RAN), 5G core, hybrid multi-cloud networking and more in enterprise and telecommunications service provider networks. We invited two guests to our show to discuss this collaboration. We hosted Renu Navale, VP & GM – Edge Computing and Ecosystem Enabling Division at Intel and Ian Hood, Chief Technologist, Global Service Provider Business at Red Hat.
Here is the gist of our discussion:
- Navale talks about the evolution of 5G technologies that go beyond 5G-enabled devices.
- What role is Open Source & Software playing in the 5G revolution?
- How are the two companies expanding their partnership around developing 5G technologies?
- How are enterprises going to leverage the new capabilities that 5G and Edge offer?
- How will Edge and 5G change our world in the post-pandemic world where more and more people will be working from home?
- Navale shares some of the exciting use-cases of 5G technologies.
- We deep-dived into how exactly are Intel & Red Hat teams collaborating
- How can the community get involved with the work Red Hat and Intel are doing collectively?