Managing complex workflows and supply chains can be a challenging task for organizations. In this episode of TFiR Let’s Talk, Swapnil Bhartiya sits down with Gur Steif, President of Digital Business Automation at BMC Software, to discuss the challenges of both physical supply chains and software supply chains and how BMC is helping companies solve these complexities. He goes into detail about Control-M and how it is helping orchestrate application and data workflows so that enterprises can take actions based on real-time insights.
Key highlights from this video interview are:
- Steif explains that Control-M is an orchestration and automation engine that allows users to run thousands of different tasks in the right order in the right way. He discusses how Control-M works across system applications to help deal with complex workflows and supply chains.
- A new version of Control-M has recently been released. Steif explains that Control-M enables businesses to maintain some framework to handle regulatory compliance while allowing business users to run their own supply chain or financial updates within the framework it provides. Steif takes us through how this works.
- Freedom within the framework allows businesses to have some flexibility to push things but a compliance framework still maintains some standards.
- Last fall, BMC launched Control-M Workflow Insights to enable users to understand what is going on in the workflow environment such as how many jobs are created without restricting the business. Steif discusses how they help provide freedom within the framework for their clients.
- The Hershey Company, one of BMC customers, has many places where its products are being sold and it is valuable for them to know what is moving in each location and how much inventory they have to avoid shortages. Steif explains that it is difficult to consolidate all the data on different points of sales and locations and how BMC helps orchestrate all these different things. He also talks about another customer, Carrefour, and how BMC is helping them too.
- Autonomous digital enterprise occurs when you want a data-driven enterprise so actions can be taken based on real-time insights that come from real-time data. Steif explains how this can be challenging for companies who still have on-premise with legacy applications and how Control-M connects across these environments.
- With economic recessions looming, many companies are looking for ways to save money. Steif believes automation and orchestration are key to saving costs and accelerating growth. He explains that a decrease in economic activity does not necessarily translate to companies spending less money on automation; it is the reverse due to its potential to save costs.
Connect with Gur Steif (LinkedIn, Twitter)
Learn more about BMC Software (LinkedIn, Twitter)
The summary of the show is written by Emily Nicholls.