We invited Ajay Patel, SVP & GM Modern Application Platform Business of VMware, to join us on TFiR Insights to discuss the strategy for VMware’s Modern Apps Business Unit and what roles Kubernetes and Tanzu portfolio are playing in that strategy. Here are some of the topics we covered in this discussion:
- What’s the focus of this business unit?
- What roles are Kubernetes and Tanzu playing especially in this business unit and broader VMware strategy?
- Evolution of the Tanzu platform and what progress has been made over the last year?
- Cloud Native & Kubernetes is a crowded and complex space. It can overwhelm users. How is VMware trying to make things easier for users?
- VMware is heavily invested in both Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes, which have evolved as complementing technologies. How is VMware maintaining the balance between the two?