CoMPAS (Configuration Modules for Power industry Automation Systems) is the first project in LF Energy’s Digital Substation Automation Systems (DSAS) initiative. RTE and Alliander joined hands under the umbrella of LF Energy to develop and maintain the project. To deep dive into the project, what problem it solves, and what kind of use cases and players it caters to, we sat down with Sander Jansen, Product Owner at Virtual Substation team at Alliander and technical steering committee at CoMPAS.
Here are some of the topics that we covered:
- Introduction to CoMPAS
- History/origin of the CoMPAS
- We are becoming producers of electricity. What kind of challenges is it creating for the industry?
- What kind of digital transformation is happening in the substations space?
- What kind of community is there around the project?
- What kind of adoption of the project have you seen in the last few months?
- What are the things the community is currently working on?
- Who is the target audience?