The Linux Foundation has announced that there have been two million enrollments to date across all of its online courses offered on the edX platform. These open source training courses have continually increasing rates of enrollment growth as the curriculum continues to expand, with offerings covering technologies like cloud infrastructure, blockchain, networking, and DevOps.
Clyde Seepersad, SVP and General Manager, Training & Certification, The Linux Foundation, said: “Our partnership with edX has enabled us to make high quality training from expert instructors available to millions of people at no cost. The impact of this is immeasurable in terms of supporting and growing the open source community at a macro level, and helping aspiring open source professionals break into the industry at the individual level. We are excited to keep up the momentum, and reach our next two million participants even faster.”
Linux Foundation Training & Certification offers more than two dozen courses on edX, all of which can be audited at no cost, increasing accessibility for all learners.
The most popular courses to date are:
- Introduction to Linux
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Introduction to Hyperledger Blockchain Technologies
- Introduction to Cloud Infrastructure Technologies
- Blockchain: Understanding its Uses and Implications
- Introduction to Cloud Foundry and Cloud Native Software Architecture
- Introduction to Open Source Networking Technologies
- Introduction to DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering