Ahana has announced their participation at PrestoCon, a day dedicated to the open source Presto project taking place on December 9, 2021. In addition to being the platinum sponsor of the event, Ahana will be participating in 5 sessions and Ahana customer Adroitts will also be presenting their Presto use case. Ahana and Intel will also jointly be presenting on the next-generation Presto which includes the native C++ worker.
Ahana Customers Speaking at PrestoCon
- Presto for Batch Processing in Data Lake with Ahana by Santhosh Kumar
- Ravindran, Technical Deliver Lead, Adroitts
Ahana Sessions at PrestoCon
- Authoring Presto with AWS Lake Formation by Jalpreet Singh Nanda, software engineer, Ahana and Roy Hasson, Principal Product Manager, Amazon
- Updates from the New PrestoDB C++ Execution Engine by Deepak Majeti, principal engineer, Ahana and Dave Cohen, senior principal engineer, Intel.
- Presto Authorization with Apache Ranger by Reetika Agrawal, software engineer, Ahana
- Top 10 Presto Features for the Cloud by Dipti Borkar, cofounder & CPO, Ahana
Additionally, industry leaders Bytedance (TikTok), Databricks, Meta, Uber, Tencent, and Twitter will be sharing the latest innovation in the Presto project, including Presto Iceberg Connector, Presto on Velox, Presto on Kafka, new Materialized View in Presto, Data Lake Connectors for Presto, Presto on Elastic Capacity, and Presto Authorization with Apache Ranger.
“PrestoCon is the marquee event for the Presto community, showcasing the latest development and use cases in Presto,” said Dipti Borkar, Cofounder and Chief Product Officer, Ahana, Program Chair of PrestoCon and Chair of the Presto Foundation Outreach Committee. “In addition to contributors from Meta, Uber, Bytedance (TikTok) and Twitter sharing their work, we’re excited to highlight more within the Presto ecosystem including contributions like Databricks’ delta lake connector for Presto, Twitter’s Presto Iceberg Connector, and Presto on Spark. Together with our customers like Adroitts, Ahana will be presenting the latest technology innovations including governance on data lakes with Apache Ranger and AWS Lake Formation. We look forward to the best PrestoCon to date.”
Check out all the sessions in the full program schedule here.