Summary: Kasten by Veeam came out with the latest version of K10 to offer protection against ransomware attacks in Kubernetes environments.
There has been a huge rise in ransomware attacks over the last few months and cloud-native computing is caught in the middle of it. As cloud-native technologies like Kubernetes are becoming the ‘Linux’ for modern businesses, there is a renewed focus on protecting data in the Kubernetes cluster. Kasten by Veeam has been focussing on this aspect of cloud-native computing since its inception and has been innovating to keep up with changing times. Recently, the company came out with Kasten K10 to help organizations address the threat of ransomware and have a strategy in place so no data can be held hostage.
In this episode of Let’s Talk, I sat down with Gaurav Rishi, VP of Product at Kasten by Veeam, to talk about the changing landscape of cloud computing, new threats, and how Kasten is creating new solutions to help its users.
Some of the topics we covered in this discussion include:
- Intro to Kasten by Veeam
- New security-related challenges due to increasing adoption of Kubernetes
- Why are containers uniquely vulnerable to things like ransomware?
- How is Kasten helping customers protect their cloud-native data?
- Holistic approach towards data protection
- What’s new in Kasten K10?
- Importance of partnerships for Kasten by Veeam
- Any best practices to fend off ransomware attacks?
- Closing thoughts by Gaurav
Kasten by Veeam is the leader in Kubernetes backup and disaster recovery. Its solution helps enterprises overcome Day 2 data management challenges to confidently run applications on Kubernetes. K10, its data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and application mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity.