Red Hat has announced the general availability of Migration Toolkit for Applications 6, based on the open source project Konveyor, aimed at helping customers accelerate large-scale application modernization efforts. The toolkit enables customers to better assess, prioritize and modernize their applications across hybrid cloud environments on Red Hat OpenShift.
Migration Toolkit for Applications is an integrated assembly of tools that support Java application modernization and migration projects at scale across a broad range of use cases. Now designed to help migration leads and developers find the best and most reliable modernization path forward, Migration Toolkit for Applications 6 includes:
- New application inventory and assessment modules that assist organizations in managing, classifying and tagging their applications while assessing application suitability for deployment in containers, including flagging potential risks for migration strategies.
- Full integration with source code and binary repositories to automate the retrieval of applications for analysis along with proxy integration including HTTP and HTTPS proxy configuration managed in the user interface.
- Improved analysis capabilities with new analysis modes, including source and dependency modes that parse repositories to gather dependencies and add them to the overall scope of the analysis. There is also a simplified user experience to configure the analysis scope, including open source libraries.
- Enhanced RBAC powered by Red Hat Single Sign-On, defining three new differentiated personas with different permissions to suit the needs of each user—administrator, architect and migrator—including credentials management for multiple credential types.
- Administrator perspective to provide tool-wide configuration management for administrators.
Red Hat and IBM Research created Konveyor, an open source project aimed at helping modernize and migrate applications for open hybrid cloud deployments by building tools, identifying patterns and providing advice on bringing cloud-native transformation across IT.