Guest: Or Weis (LinkedIn, Twitter)
Company: Permit.io (Twitter)
Permit.io is a full-stack, out-of-the-box permission solution so developers don’t have to keep building permissions. In this episode of 2023 Predictions, Co-Founder and CEO Or Weis shares what’s on his industry radar for this new year.
Weis sees these major trends in 2023:
- Security trickling down to every stakeholder, i.e., everyone will be involved in building secure systems.
- Everything as code (EaC) becoming the baseline for managing complexities.
- Low-code/no-code AI-driven interfaces.
Permit will focus on building very fine-tuned interfaces that enable their customers to:
- work with low code
- manage their policies
- define their zero trust architectures and security into what they’re building with DevSecOps
- keep everything manageable with a single source of truth.
The big challenge for 2023 is compliance to regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, SOC 2, HIPAA, and others. It is critical for companies to:
- determine what tools they have in place to mitigate all of additional work to become compliant
- determine who can do this compliance work, a huge percentage of which is around checks and balances of access control
- create the interfaces to work with them more easily.