The gap between demand and supply of cloud engineers continues to be a challenge impacting IT and DevOps professionals. In this episode of TFiR Insights, Swapnil Bhartiya sits down with Rahul Pradhan, Head of Cloud Products and Engineering at Couchbase, to explore the shortage of cloud skills and how organizations and DevOps can better respond to cloud adoption challenges.
Pradhan says, “What they’re finding is that the skills shortage is actually dealing with some of their digital transformation and cloud transformation projects. What that means is that is going to have a significant impact in terms of how the businesses are able to actually go ahead and meet the requirements and the needs of their customers, where they are.”
Key takeaways from this video are:
- Pradhan explains how real the problem of talent shortage is in the cloud space and how it is impacting the growth in many companies.
- Due to this shortage, companies are delaying digital transformation and cloud transformation projects.
- Pradhan shares the key findings from a recent study conducted by Couchbase on cloud adoption as well as some serious questions.
- Cloud skills shortage has a direct impact on security and security breaches continue to increase. Strategies for effectively securing your business in the cloud differ from on-premises.
- Pradhan believes organizations need to adopt a cloud-first strategy. He offers recommendations organizations can take on-board to successfully transition to the cloud even with skills shortages.
- Couchbase offers solutions to help customers in their cloud adoption journey. Pradhan discusses the company’s recently launched database with service offering, Couchbase Capella, and how it is making it easier for customers to move to the cloud.
About Rahul Pradhan: Rahul leads Product and Strategy for Cloud Platforms at Couchbase. He has over 16 years of experience leading and managing both Engineering and Product teams. Before Couchbase, Rahul led the Product Management and Business Strategy team for Dell EMC’s Emerging Technologies and Midrange Storage Divisions, and before that, he was a Principal Software Engineer at Nortel Networks.
About Couchbase: Couchbase is a provider of a leading modern database for enterprise applications. The company empowers developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
The summary of the show is written by Emily Nicholls.