With the Istio Developer Portal, organizations can catalog, manage, and securely publish APIs to a custom branded portal that accelerates onboarding for developers both inside and outside their organization. Additionally, this release enhances security for Istio with integration to authentication systems, Single Sign-On and API Keys capabilities.
Highlights of the Istio Developer Portal:
- API Management: Curate, document and expose APIs running in Istio mesh to others in the organization or to external partners/users, and secure them with API keys and rate limiting.
- Developer Onboarding: A clean and intuitive user experience makes it easy for developers to quickly search and browse the APIs they are authorized to use, get detailed information and easily test them.
- OpenAPI Spec and gRPC Support: Automatically drive Istio configuration using gRPC and OpenAPI/Swagger specs. Auto-create Istio Gateway, VirtualService, Destination Rules and Envoy Filter resources to configure Istio ingress and to handle API security.
- Declarative Configuration: Use custom resources in Kubernetes to describe all elements of the developer portal system including portals, APIs, policies and more.
- Enhanced Security: A pluggable auth service allows integration of external auth systems – including OIDC, JWT and Single Sign-On (SSO) – to any Istio environment.
- API Rate Limiting: Enforce Global Rate limiting on your APIs with the Istio Rate Limit extension.
- Custom Branding: Create customized web-based portals with company logos, images, colors and content in addition to the published APIs.