Storyblok is a headless CMS system that helps enterprises create better content experiences whether that is a website or a mobile app. Storyblok provides the backend to store the content and optimize the delivery but the customer can build their own front end. In this episode of TFiR Let’s Talk, Swapnil Bhartiya sits down with Sebastian Gierlinger, VP of Developer Experience at Storyblok, to introduce us to the company and the benefits of using a headless CMS system. He describes how they are helping enterprises optimize their web presence and what the new features of Storyblok V2 are.
Key highlights from this video interview are:
- Gierlinger discusses Storyblok and the benefits of a headless CMS system such as everything is decoupled and users can reuse their content in different front ends, which is called an omni-channel approach. They also have a microservice architecture for selecting services. He talks through the types of different services you might select.
- Although Storyblok works for small websites, Gierlinger sees the biggest benefit when it’s used in a large-scale website. He also explains why the headless system is better than monolithic setups from ten years ago.
- Storyblok is primarily helping enterprises to optimize their web presence with new frameworks by utilizing a statically generated site. Gierlinger explains why their main target customers are enterprises that truly have a marketing and development team and why.
- Storyblok has two types of partners, one is agency partners who refer customers to implement the website or mobile application, and secondly, they have tech partnerships where they work together to build integrations. Gierlinger discusses some of the types of tools they are integrating.
- Storyblok provides the complete solutions for building web presence, including the backend, frontend UI to help create content and database for storage. They also offer additional services and features like image storage.
- Storyblok stores the customer’s data on their own infrastructure but the company is fully compliant with all the GDPR regulations and is ISO 27001 certified. Gierlinger explains the process they went through to be ISO compliant and their plans to be audited each year to ensure they maintain their high standards.
- Storyblok version 2 has just recently been released which centered around the UI components, refreshing the look and rebuilding some of the existing functionality. Storyblok also added some new features such as the possibility to do discussions within the content so that it is not necessary to use Slack or another chat tool. Gierlinger goes on to discuss the other new feature, the image editor.
- Storyblok is an active contributor to many open source projects and communities that its services rely on. It has also released many components of Storyblok, such as Storyblok CLI and design system as open source.
The summary of the show is written by Emily Nicholls.