Guest: Grace Andrews (LinkedIn, Twitter)
Company: Equinix (Twitter)
Equinix is a leader in IT infrastructure, driving forward innovations in data centers and internet infrastructure technologies. In this episode of 2023 Predictions, Grace Andrews, Principal Product Evangelist at Equinix, shares her forecast for the industry this new year.
In 2023, Andrews predicts:
- A third wave of cloud ushering in a new operating model which aims to make everything accessible and easy to use for their customers.
- AI will be central to technology and society with 90% of enterprise apps estimated to use AI by 2024. AI-driven models within infrastructure will play a key role in this journey.
- Sustainability will be a key theme with some of the biggest consumers of energy globally needing to take accountability and work towards net zero.
Equinix will continue to focus on:
- Supporting customers on their cloud journey regardless of what stage they are at as they move towards serverless and native edge apps.
- Helping customers better understand how to use Equinix tools and the ecosystem of tools to implement solutions that improve the company, making the work smoother and more enjoyable.
Traditional customers are facing challenges as they transform into the digital world. Equinix will help by:
- Teaching customers to use the tools and packaging that information into the product.
- Using customer feedback and market insight to create a joint strategy.
This summary was written by Emily Nicholls.