As the Cloud Foundry Foundation (CFF) sees leadership changes at the top, it’s not just about Abby Kearns moving on to another executive position and CTO Chip Childers stepping into the executive director role. Paul Fazzone, SVP Tanzu R&D at VMware, has also been named Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Fazzone replaces John Roese, Dell EMC global CTO, who will remain Dell EMC’s representative on the Board.
- Fazzone is responsible for the company’s Kubernetes and application modernization products and related open source initiatives.
- Fazzone led VMware’s strategy and execution to support the cloud native needs of Enterprise application development and infrastructure platform operation teams (including VMware acquisitions of Heptio & Pivotal).
- Fazzone has guided global product teams to deliver network, virtualization, cloud infrastructure and application development products for enterprise and service provider customers.
- Fazzone was previously named treasurer in December 2017. Prior to VMware, Fazzone led product management at Nicira (acquired by VMware in 2012), and was responsible for data center networking products at Cisco.
“This next chapter for Cloud Foundry will be a shift forward in focusing on evolving the technology to a Kubernetes-based platform and supporting the diverse set of contributors who will make that outcome possible,” said Fazzone. “In my new role as Chairman of the Board, I look forward to helping guide the Foundation toward its goal of expanding and bolstering the ecosystem, its community and its core of users.”