Based in San Francisco, Iterative.ai is the company behind the development of DVC and CML, open-source tools to streamline the workflow of data scientists. Iterative.ai integrates ML workflows into current practices for software development instead of creating separate AI platforms. Dmitry Petrov, Co-Founder and CEO, Iterative.ai, joined us to talk about the company and Data Version Control (DVC) and Continuous Machine Learning (CML) open source projects.
Topics we covered in this interview include:
- Introduction to Iterative.ai, the company
- Why is Open Source a better approach for AI/ML?
- What is Data Version Control (DVC) and Continuous Machine Learning (CML)?
- Who should care about DVC and CML?
- How does it stack against proprietary AI Platforms such as AWS SageMaker and Microsoft Azure ML Engineer?