We live in a data-driven world – we are generative and consume massive amounts of data – from things like Tesla cars to our 4K-capable smartphones. Modern businesses have a very strategic approach towards their user data. There are three different types of storage solutions to manage data – file, object and block. But which one is right for your business? We invited Mike Quatrani, Solutions Engineer at Linode, to talk about these storage solutions. Here are some of the topics we covered in today’s discussion:
- What types of storage are available, and why is it so important for businesses to select the right kind of storage?
- Why should businesses be using object storage? What are the benefits?
- Where did the idea of object storage all begin?
- What makes Linode’s approach to object storage compatible with the rest of the market?
- What types of scenarios are perfect use cases for object storage?