Tigera is the parent company of Calico open source project. We hosted Ratan Tipirneni, President & CEO of Tigera, to learn more about the company and how it’s approaching Kubernetes security with stress on observability as the core of security.
Here are some of the topics we covered in this discussion:
- A quick introduction to the company
- How has security changed with the changing landscape of cloud computing?
- Importance of observability for security
- What factors, other than bugs and misconfiguration, affect security?
- Shouldn’t we have a holistic view of security that goes beyond just the Kubernetes workloads and also look at lower-level stuff like kernels?
- Security is becoming a serious topic; what trends is Tipirneni seeing within the industry?